Saturday, November 1, 2008

Now That's (Chocolate) Amore

Mark made a birthday cake for me, with chocolate cake and chocolate icing and two (count 'em... two!) layers! I'm betting not that many husbands out there can make multi-layer cakes.

And I'm betting the ones that do wouldn't make a crust of mini-chocolate chips on the outer wall. Or pipe icing flowers in a ring around the top. Or write your name in cursive with an icing pen. Now that is love. (And I also got to eat lots of pretzels dipped in the leftover icing. Mmmm.) Thanks Mark!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! What a fabulous looking cake. Bet it tasted good, too. (My hubby just brought me two pieces of his homemade pizza. He doesn't bake cakes, but his other cooking is wonderful. I'm spoiled. Looks like you are, too!)

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday! That cake is amazing.

kflythe said...

I am super impressed. Does Mark offer classes to other husbands?

Erin G said...

I don't think so, katie! but I'm impresed that YOU are impressed - you've been known to make som gorgeous cakes yourself!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Wow! I"m Impressed!!
HaPpY BirThDaY!

merritt said...

Um. Wow. I'm amazed at his baking and icing. He's got some skillz. And yes, you are supposed to sound ghetto when you say that.