We're so excited to have Barbara in the family. She is a sweet, gentle, kind soul (our family needs more of those).
I've known Nick since he was a preteen (scary, huh?)... I've seen him throw temper tantrums over video games, I've heard him play violin so terribly that Barbara's love of bluegrass should make her want to disown him - promptly, I've watched as he turns any occasion into an opportunity for fun, a prank, or a party. Needless to say, I've seen a lot of Nick laughing over the last eleven years... but I have never seen his face shine with so much joy as when he's with Barbara. They were both so emotional during the wedding service that pretty much everyone in the room got choked up with them!I realized yesterday that Nathan will never remember a time when Nick and Barbara weren't married. He won't remember watching them morph from two college students into one family themselves. The result of this weekend's ceremony.... the uniting of these two people... for Nathan it will just be... normal. 
Nick and Barbara: Congratulations to you! I hope that when everything is "just normal" and you settle into your life together, you remember the butterflies and excitement you felt today. I wish you a lifetime of it. We love you so much.
(For more pictures of our wedding trip, click on the chapel below.)
by mgoetts
1 comment:
congrats nick and barbara!
Post a Comment