Nathan is 11 months old... extremely hard to believe. I think soon I have to stop counting in months and start counting in years, or almost-years. Here, let me try: This is my son, Nathan. He's almost one. Yeah, that works. Seems like just yesterday we were counting in days, though. Wow. Don't blink, right?
Nathan has spent the last month perfecting his mad standing skillz, eating lots of finger foods, trying to get his knees underneath his torso to crawl (oh so close, but still so far away), and resorting to rolling to get where he needs to go. It's not efficient but it's cute. His gross motor skills are delayed enough that his doctor wants him to see a pediatric occupational therapist, just to rule out any physiological or neurological problems [insert disgruntled sigh here], so we'll see how that goes. I know he's behind, I just don't really think it matters. But what do I know, right?
He's also become quite the chatterbox. Besides mama and dad (hardly ever dada anymore) and the nonstop (nonstop, people) nonsense babbling we've become used to, he also now greets me with a big Hey! every morning, and says baba or bada which both seem to mean Bowden. Or dog. Or something. He has also started saying something that sounds like bait or bite that we're not quite sure the meaning of yet. Seeing as he says go when he wants to read a book, we're trying to watch for contextual instead of phonetic cues!
And speaking of go, this is one cute habit I managed to get on camera before Nathan outgrows it! Enjoy.
4 comments:
Man, he's so adorable! Happy 11 months!
so honestly, i've watched this multiple times each day since the first day you posted it. I love the voice inflections and enhusiasm... and is that a Southern accent?! One little word, so much joy! See yall soon I hope.
how fun!! He's so cute!!!! I love hearing him talk :)
thanks y'all! I love hearing him talk too... I'm sure I'll regret saying that when he's two and all I hear is "mom. mom. mom." all day.... but for now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing his sweet little voice.
Post a Comment