Another question: what do you get when you cross a doctor, a road race, a WWII pilot, a toddler, some sun and sand, and ME?
... That would be a weekend in Myrtle Beach with four (count 'em -- four!) generations of my family members.
My mom has an event (run/bike, I think) at the beach this weekend, and since my Grandpa used to live there, she offered to bring him along, as part of his Christmas present. He'd like to see some old friends and old stomping grounds.
She realized it might be a bit much to take care of him (he's 90, after all, and apparently has insisted on using a wheelchair for the weekend, even though his legs are just fine and it's his LUNGS that make him tired, and he seems to be in extreme denial about how much cardio effort it will take to push a wheelchair... I have a hilarious rant from my mom about the whole thing but I should save it for another day) , and do her event. So... insert Erin.
Mark is working this weekend, so... insert Nathan.
Anyone know how to push a stroller and a wheelchair at the same time? (No, I am not relying on Grandpa to be able to push himself.) Anyone know how to make an 18-month old walk obediently next to me while I push said wheelchair? Anyone know how to make a 90-year old man strong enough (and willing enough) to hold a toddler on his lap while riding in a wheelchair?
I'm sure I will find this funny when I am actually there and doing it (I usually can laugh in these situations), but in the meantime.... y'all pray for me.
1 comment:
I can handle the cardio of pushing the wheelchair, but Gpa seems to think there would be no lung demand if he rolls himself. Hhhmmm, we'll see. Guess I could enter him in the wheelchair 10k since it will be so easy for him to do.
But update: he feels the whole trip is overwhelming, so now it is down to just THREE generations for the trip- which means Erin, Nathan, and I can spend some time walking/strolling on the beach, maybe visit the aquarium where Nathan can meet NEMO, and do some shopping.
We're going to have FUN!!!
Happy Valentines Weekend!
Post a Comment