Friday, May 30, 2014

Sunrise, Sunset

Okay here's a thing I haven't blogged about yet because I can't seem to sneak it into posts about other things, yet also I don't want to make it a Big Thing (even though it kind of is) and also because good grief I have allllll the feelings about it, in ways that growing and growing up (like musicals and dance recitals and concerts and life stuff) always bring out -- that odd juxtaposition of excitement and nostalgia. You know, feelings. I've lost track of the number of times this week I've said sunrise, sunset and fought back tears about how everyone is growing and changing and it all just makes me ache. Which is good and also... achy.

So alongside the emotional high of Mark starting a new job, and seeing our kids grow up and hit new milestones, and getting to see Ali's sweet face more and more, there will be another face we will see decidedly less. (Oooof.) Our most dear friend Another Nathan has officially resigned from his position at our church, and accepted a call to be the director of worship, music and arts at a church in Minnesota. (Minnef@ckingsota. I promise to call it that for at least the next year.) So, yeah. He's moving. I know. I KNOW.

I have promised to hold the sappiness at bay for a few months, but for now I need to say at least this: Mark and I are thrilled for him. We've been beside him through his whole exhausting and vulnerable search/discernment/call process, and we consider ourselves his biggest supporters in it, and we are so freaking proud of him.

But damn, we are going to miss him so much.


Lots of growing and changing is happening around here. It is lovely and hard and great.

And that's all the words I have for today.

4 comments:

ashley said...

Good luck in Minnesota, Another Nathan! We'll miss you!

Fetsje said...

Aw.... :( Good Luck Another Nathan! Happy for you!

Emily said...

Ohhh no! Goodbyes are SO DANG HARD! I'm so sorry. :(

Emily said...

(well, I mean, oh no for you - but YAY for him)