Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Patch (Etc.) (ETC!)

A question for the ages: if you take your kids to a pumpkin patch, but don't instagram anything while you're there, did it really happen?


Because the kids had a teacher workday, and so we went to a pumpkin patch (AND MORE) (there is no such thing as just a pumpkin patch, I have learned) and despite what you didn't see on instagram, it was a fun little outing!
more than just a "pumpkin patch" y'all

They had bounce houses and pig races and and giant shelters full of hay for rolling around, and inflatable horses for kids to race each other on. And also tunnels for crawling in, and an old barn-turned-fort. Oh! And a petting/feeding zoo of farm animals! Naturally!

They also had a silo thing filled (shallowly, but still filled) with corn and y'all, that's kinda the stuff of nightmares. I let the kids get in it and they LOVED IT but hot damn I will be thinking about it for weeks. That sh!t is terrifying. A silo full of corn just looks like danger danger danger death to me. Am I the only one with this fear? Because yeah no.

Slightly less terrifying, a big tube built onto the side of a hill that serves as a giant slide. We rode down on burlap sacks. Yes, slides are still fun for grownups, stop pretending you wouldn't have gone on it it too.

And, of course, we did do the hayride to a pumpkin patch* to pick out our pumpkins (*field with already-picked pumpkins lying in neat rows, for instagram purposes I assume). My rule: you can have any pumpkin you want, as long as you can carry it yourself. And that's the story of how we got the three smallest pumpkins in Youngsville yesterday.

But they carved up just fine, each kid designed their own and Mark helped cut them and they came out cute!

Barely in time for Halloween! We are just super on top of things yknow.

1 comment:

Elsha said...

I'm living vicariously through your pumpkin patch pictures since we didn't make it this year. So cute!