But I digress.
The shoes are rockin' awesome and he will be able to wear them outside. Remember my good fortune with Bobux? Yeah we're going that route again (third pair in his life). At their prices he will get exactly one pair, so I picked these that can pass as dress shoes or athletic shoes. And if we don't like this style as much as we've liked our other Bobux shoes, I have no shame in returning them in favor of some very acceptable second-choices I scouted out.The stroller... not so simple. Remember how I lost my umbrella stroller back in the fall? Well I need to replace it with something small, but with several conveniences that umbrella strollers don't have (like being tall enough for Daddy to push comfortably, having at least a little cargo space, and maybe even a cupholder for me). I did a bunch of research, found the one I wanted, did even more research, found who had it for cheapest, and then realized no one has them in stock. At all. They're all completely backordered. Until who knows when. Nothing like a bunch of research done in vain, right? Because I have time for that. [shakes head]

So we went all over town, doing more (yes! more!) lightweight stroller research. Wal-mart, Babies-R-Us (oh how I cringe to type that), Target, and eventually Burlington Coat Factory. After much back-and-forthing and indecision (I involved Mark), and after Nathan had crawled all over the nasty floors of all these stores (yeah he's totally sick now, by the way), we finally decided on one. And guess what? It's half the price of the one I originally wanted, and I think I like it better.
The whole process exhausted us so much that it's still in its box, in Mark's car, and we might or might not assemble it for Christmas. But in the end, mom's dollars combined with my bargain/value-hunting ended up with a pretty good solution. I hope.
Everyone say a prayer that I won't leave this one in a farmer's market parking lot.
2 comments:
You just need to lojack this stroller--maybe you can get a deal if you do the stroller and Nathan at the same time? I hear baby lojack is very popular this days.
Again, still looking forward to seeing you guys in a few days!
Yep, parents of little ones, your hard work does pay off in future decades.........competent grown children trusted with one's credit card make life SO much easier- plus much less risk of return lines after Christmas.
Thank you for your research and hard work Erin........and the stroller savings did allow for a few surprises when we open presents on Monday. But YOU get to stand in the return line if you so choose!
??Paper ticket? Who does paper tickets anymore?? Cape Air needs to move into the twenty-first century to keep up with this computer savy grandmother. Cape Air thinks it is USAir's fault, USAir thinks it is the travel agent's fault, but I admitted the truth to the travel agent. Thanks for being a problem solver, Rin.
Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment