Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Boys Love Milk

Mark likes milk. I think I have said this before, but it warrants repeating, since the sentence doesn't really do justice to the severity of the situation: Mark really, really likes milk. We go through about three gallons a week (of which I might drink half a gallon), and that doesn't include the fattier stuff I buy for Nathan.

Do you know any other families whose refrigerators look like this?

Didn't think so.


And yes, you counted right. There are about 5 1/2 gallons of milk in our fridge in this picture. Every week when I unload groceries I shake my head at the ridiculousness of the situation, but then I smile to myself. And take a picture so I can mke fun of my most beloved in a blog post. That's just how I roll.

Ashley, Mom and Dad... you can pick yourselves up off the floor now and let the laughter subside. Mark has been mocked enough to last a lifetime, and he still persists in drinking milk with every meal (including his bowl of cereal -- also with milk -- in the morning). Apparently he thinks it's worth the humiliation.

That's how much he loves milk. He stuck to his guns through the mockery of the Bumgarners. And you know we're brutal.

At least it bodes well for Nathan's bones. The boy will do anything his Daddy does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I NEVER made fun of Mark for drinking a lot of milk...I think that's another Erin/Ashley "team up on you" thing. As I recall I typically bought 4-5 gallons a week when you kids were swimming teens, and even then we couldn't seem to supply enough for you.

So I think everyone should quit picking on Mark about it. I think it's great--there's a lot worse things you could be drinking 5 gallons of each week!

Cheers to Mark! (...sound of milk glasses tinkling)

Dad

Anonymous said...

Erin, I don't remember ever ganging up on anyone, do you?

We'd NEVER do that. :-)

Chelle said...

And I thought Sara and I went through a lot of milk. The two of us only manage to go through 2 1/2-3 gallons a week!! Evidently there will be no osteoporosis or ricketts in the Goettsch or Evette households! And I'm sure you are just as happy as I am that milk isn't $4 a gallon anymore!

Anonymous said...

You know Erin, our fridge looks kind of like that. We've got the normal gallon, then my lactoste free milk. Hayes' chocolate milk, and then at least 3, 1/2 gallons of soymilk.