Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's A.... (Drumroll Please)

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

(A girl who sucks her thumb, just like her big brother, and just like her uncle Brad.... as you can see in this picture.)

I already feel so connected to this little surprise, my baby girl to be, MY DAUGHTER.

Safe to say God definitely knew what he was doing when he defied our contraceptive efforts. He was right. I am ready. Maybe it took some little girl parts to fully convince me of that, but I won't apologize about it; I will just rejoice in the fact that I am SO happy about my little girl, and I can't wait to meet her in October!

Needless to say, I am ridiculously unbelievably crazily excited and I want to hear from all of you with daughters about your favorite part of mommying a fun little lady!!

12 comments:

apple82 said...

A little girl--How exciting! Congratulations!

ashley said...

yaaaay! She'll never be able to date, as long as Nathan has any say in the matter. I'm so excited for you, Mark, and Nathan (and the pups)!

EMU said...

Wahoo for pink! I'm so glad you're so excited about having a girl! You're too cute.

Charlotte???

Dad said...

Remember, she can't kiss a boy until she's 35...maybe she'll follow that rule better than her mom and her aunt :)

I've felt especially excited all day since I heard the news--especially for you. The tone of your note makes it obvious how excited you are now. (But one warning: I won't question the docs, but sometimes they "miss" when they think it's a girl. On the other hand, as your brother will attest, it's hard to imagine they would miss it if "he" has true Bumgerner genes)

I think the best news, of course, is that she's healthy!

Love ya and congratulations!

Dad said...

One more thing--she'll definitely need some coaching from Aunt Debbie on how to survive and older brother!

Megan said...

yay! so excited for you!

Chelle said...

As someone who always wanted a houseful of boys, I must say that girls are so much fun. It's so fun to do their hair and pick out outfits for them. Boy clothes just aren't nearly as cute.

The one thing I could do without: the DRAMA! But girls want to be just like their mommmies, so not only is it flattering to hear her mothering her stuffed animals the way I do, but it makes me really focus on being the best I can be so she'll have something good to model.

Congratulations!! (And don't worry...when they say it's a girl, they're usually right. With "boys", the umbilical cord can masquerade as certain boy parts ;))

Erin G said...

yeah I think my dad is still living in the world of 1980s ultrasounds - they're sure. they counted labial lips. (awkward but true.)

I am feeling overwhelemed today - the good part about finally feeling connected with this baby is being clouded by the fact that now that she seems so REAL - the reality is scarier than when the second child just seemed theoretical. but now it's an excited kind of overwhelmed, which is much better than before!

Kelley C said...

I'm not going to lie- I love their DRESSES! So cute. Watch out for Carter's. I just want to take home one of everything. Little girls are so sweet and yummy and innocent.

And I love watching them with their daddy- something about daddies and daughters just gets me. *tear

Mary said...

Congrats, Erin! (And Mark and Nathan!) Woot!

Girls are fun for the clothing choices and for their ability to talk about relationships. If you ask them, "How was school?," you'll actually get a detailed answer, not just "Fine."

marmie said...

One of the greatest things about parenting a daughter is that she grows up into a competent wonderful woman and friend.

Love you, Rinnie.

Betsy said...

That's awesome!!! It's going to be so fun getting ready for her arrival!!! :)

We should find out the sex of our baby on May 19th. (why our doc wanted to wait so long I don't know, but I am dying to find out!!)

Blessings to you all!