I wanted to bring Bowden and Simon to my mom in Huntersville since we're going to DC this weekend and hey -- she barely notices two more canines in the bizzare canine alternate universe known as her house anyway, so I scheduled some other stops too.
I mentioned last weekend that I was desperate to get my hair done.
Then today mom and I met Jenny (and her gorgeous daughter Katie) for lunch in Winston-Salem at the Village Tavern, which is one of our favorite places. They have the best she-crab soup (yes, even better than what I have had in Charleston) and despite the fact that this location has apparently stopped making it due to cost (is there anything this bad economy doesn't affect?), my food was still fabulous.
It's a nice-ish place, but we braved it with two toddlers and they did as well as could be expected. Which is to say -- just fine, although not quiet. It was a very enjoyable meal and visit for all of us.
On the way home from lunch, I stopped at Jenny's house in Kernersville to sort through her masses of baby girl clothes, and I left with the car so weighed down that I seriously could tell a difference in how quickly I could accelerate. Amazing. In case I haven't mentioned it recently, I love hand-me-downs. Nothing makes an outfit cuter than a price tag of free. And Jenny really hooked us up today -- Beanie will be set until at least next spring. She had more to share, but I ran out of space in the car. Honestly. She offered to let me come do another run and swap some stuff out when Beanie outgrows what I took this time. Aren't friends awesome?
So after driving all over the state (on one tank of gas, for the record; I love my little Honda! --even if I did pull into our driveway on fumes alone after nervously watching the gas light beaming at me for the last 45+ miles of the trip) I now need to unload, get some rest, then pack and re-load to embark on a new road trip tomorrow.
Brace yourself, DC, we're on the way and we have an (almost) 2-year-old to celebrate! Bring on the dinosaurs and airplanes, here we come!!
5 comments:
1.) You look gorgeous. Motherhood clearly suits you. Clearly.
2.) Why the hell would you drive 45 miles with the gas light on?! Six months pregnant with a toddler in the car?! You're nuts.
3.) But I love you anyway.
dmj
ok that officially just made my day. clearly. :)
I miss you.
You look beautiful!!! Glad you're getting a chance to enjoy life...love you!
You're hair looks awesome, Erin!! I love the cut and color!!!
I used to NEVER drive with the gas light on... UNTIL I married Steven Mauney. I guess when you're marred to a risk-taker, you slowly become one yourself. ;) He would have been proud of you!
Next time you're in this area, let me know and we'll come up to Huntersville and meet you for lunch or something! It's only 15 minutes from our house.
Have a blast in DC!
It was a great visit- here in Huntersville, and also lunch with Jenny.......food and company marvelous.
I'm glad we all had the time to make it happen.
Post a Comment