Thursday, November 3, 2011

Llama Alpaca

Last week I saw a picture of a llama on twitter.  It made me laugh.  Nathan asked why I was laughing. So I showed him the llama picture.


Did he think it was funny too?  I don't know.  I'll never know, because he instead chose to respond with...

(wait for it)

...but that's not a llama, that's an alpaca.

I don't... I can't... um, whaaa? Did that sentence really just fall out of your mouth? Well excuuuuuse me.

Hey, Mom? Dad? I hereby offer a sincere apology for all of those moments in my childhood when I ruined a perfectly good moment by being a know-it-all. I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

(And after a very thorough google image search, I still don't know what the eff this "llama" is.  Maybe a llama.  Maybe an alpaca.  Maybe a camel. Someone enlighten me.  Someone who is not four, please.)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Been there, Erin. With four-year-olds being know-it-alls, I mean. When we misidentified an ape as a monkey, Eldest Son corrected us by saying, "That's not a monkey! Monkeys have tails." Yeah, okay, we knew that. Ahem.

Here's a link to the Maryland Alpaca Breeders Association page on the difference between an alpaca and a llama. Honestly, I can't tell which your Twitter pic shows.

http://www.marylandalpacas.org/pages/alpacas_llamas.html