Here are some Little Things unrelated to anything else, mostly about the girls, that have been happening in the background of Montreat and goodbyes and birthdays and Big Things:
1.) Anneliese is still up to rainbows. And Hattie. (In Anneliese lingy-loo, being into something = being up to it, which means if you ask her what she's up to, she will say rainbows. You should try it sometime if you need a quick dose of cute.)
2.) Anneliese is also up to pedicures. Which in her mind, means sitting on my bathroom floor with tp between her toes and some bottles of cheap polish, and then me blow drying her toes (and face and whatever) with the hair dryer, while she giggles. I mean, it's no professional salon job, but she delights in it and I delight in her, so rainbow toes on the floor it is!
3. I still have wavy hair. Some days it looks kinda pretty, I think? (Read: tell me it is pretty.) (#praisejunkie)
4.) My girls are basically made of nothing but legs. (Also, they don't snuggle together that often so when this happened I could not take a pic fast enough, and then I was all, waaaaaaaait they're so tall.)
5.) Ali is totally getting better with the fussies. Turns out some of her Moods (CAPITAL M MOODS, we all have them) were due to an allergy -- which is sad on one hand because boo! she has felt gross in her belly for some time now! -- but good news because it is relatively* easy to fix, and she is doing a ton better now. (*For me. Less easy for Barbara who has to changer diet a lot to keep pumping, but for me, it is easy. And it looks like the pre-frozen milk we already had on hand will go to Baby Hugo #gohugo so there's also that.)
6.) I ordered a set of Little Miss and Mister Men books, because I loved them when I was little. And for a minute I pretended that I was ordering them for my kids to enjoy now too (and they will!) but if I'm being honest, it's mostly just that *I* wanted them. They delighted me then, and it turns out they still do. Am very pleased with my purchazzie.
7.) On July 4th, Mark and I took the girls out for brunch to his favorite place, and they were funny and sweet and giggly and Charlotte ate a million eggs and Anneliese ate a million orange slices (a million = about four, in both of those cases) and it was generally just a fun outing. We were torn between wanting to have a nice day off and do something, yet not do anything too fun while Nathan was visiting my dad. Because we felt disloyal? Incomplete? I don't know y'all. Being a family is weird. But holiday brunch was great.
8.) Charlotte tucking her Sheepie in on the bonus room floor, singing her a song, and telling her "do good sleeping, love you night night" also delights me. These are the kinds of things that never get less adorable, even with the third kid. Take note, pregnant moms and moms of newborns! It keeps staying awesome!
3 comments:
LOVE your wavy hair, Erin! It's really pretty. And, also, I enjoyed the Little Miss/Mr books, too. What fun to share your childhood favorites with the kiddos.
I am firmly on Team Wavy Hair.
The hair looks great! And I don't remember those books AT ALL from my (our) childhood.
Post a Comment