Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th for the 4th

Nathan spent his first 4th of July cutting his 4th tooth. Yaaaaay America! That's not nearly as patriotic as Sienna Caskey, who decided to celebrate the holiday weekend by busting out of Kelley's womb early this morning and blessing us with her life on this earth. I'm pretty sure that trumps a 4th tooth. The tooth has its upside, though... even with the insane amount of slobber over the last few days, I'm sure it was decidedly less messy than Sienna's choice for celebrating.

Although Nathan would love the bright colors of fireworks (and probably the noise, too, if I'm being honest), it doesn't get dark until after 9... so it would have been way too late to have him out. He will have to enjoy his first patriotic pyrotechnics display in some future year.

In the absence of fireworks, I thought I would share bright colors by posting this picture of Mark and Nathan, taken earlier in the week.

Clemson fans have a long tradition of wearing orange overalls to football games. (Maybe Mark will de-lurk long enough to tell us why... I honestly don't get it, myself.) So this was a proud moment for Mark... baby's first orange overalls.

Happy 4th, everyone! (Seriously: yaaaaay America!)

3 comments:

Kelley C said...

Since Sienna decided to come early on the 5th, that meant I spent all day on the 4th laboring. BUT at least it was a holiday and I had lots to distract me!

Congrats on the 4th tooth. Man life always gets better after a tooth comes through.

merritt said...

Orange overalls? Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Erin G said...

merritt - you lived in the upstate for 4 years and are surprised by orange overalls? the Bubble sheltered you a little TOO much, I fear!