Thursday, June 18, 2009

When Toddler's Away, Parents Will Play (...or Work)

Nathan has spent the majority of this week with my friend Jenny (remember Jenny? friends since fifth grade) and her family in Greensboro. Mark and I both had extremely hectic work weeks, so this was our version of childcare.

It's been a mix of stressful and relaxing during Nathan's time away. I miss him like crazy. Being non-parents again, even for a short while (this is the first time we've done it in our own house), is kind of peaceful, though. It's annoying that we've both been working like crazy (Mark has 12-hour shifts, and I've put in 9-10 hour days which is double my scheduled norm) and haven't used the quiet time for something more fun, but... that's life. We did have a date tonight, which was an extremely good end to an extremely unpleasant day.

I've been thinking about little Nathan, and how he's doing with little Katie (Jenny's daughter, about six months younger than him). Besides a few post-nap breakdowns (that's his way, unfortunately), it sounds like he's doing just fine. If there's anyone who can handle two toddlers, it's Jenny, I know that much.

Thank goodness for facebook; I can see what they've been up to this week!

Nathan has learned to accessorize.


When they're older, they're going to kill us for making this picture public.


This picture is sweet but I'm mostly distracted by the fact that Nathan apparently had to accessorize his pajamas as well.


He looks so old in this picture! How did that happen in just three days?

We have missed you Nathan, and we'll be glad to see you tomorrow! We're glad you're having fun and seem to be embracing the idea of having a sister around to play with!

3 comments:

ashley said...

He really does look older... in ALL the pics, not just the last one.

marmie said...

Goodness, even older since last weekend. Must be the camera angle. Or the beads.

Mary said...

Looks like Nathan learned to accessorize with more than just beads. Is that spaghetti sauce I see on his face in the tub pic?