Which means I am officially huge. If you can believe it, I still have not gained any weight. (Apparently that's typical for women who start out, ahem, larger. We tend to not gain much. Oh, the things you learn from watching pregnancy shows constantly on Discovery Health.) But I am clearly showing, and (I hope) clearly pregnant and not just fat. If I gain one pound per week in this last trimester, like I did with Nathan, then I will still weigh less at the end than when I started. How insane is that? I kind of doubt it will actually happen, though; at this point I will be happy to just break even (and my doctors will too) -- that will be about a 15-20 lb gain from my lowest weight in the pregnancy.
I won't blab on about how ridiculously unbelievably fast this pregnancy is going, but I will say it once: this is ridiculously unbelievably fast. Please don't ask me if I'm ready for her yet. Excited to meet her? Yes. Ready for her to be here? No. No. Nope and big fat no.
Thirteen weeks to go!
10 comments:
Do you mean you actually lost weight during your pregnancy? I thought that was not allowed!
I was telling Christopher yesterday that it feels like my pregnancy has taken FOREVER, but it seems like all my friends are just breezing through theirs. Seriously, you're hitting the third trimester, and it seems like yesterday you were announcing Beanie's tiny existence. I hope the last three months go as fast as the first seven have, and bravo if you can keep your weight down. I am making that an epic FAIL at this point.
"Nathan's resistant to saying beanie's REAL NAME?" as in, ya mean, BEANIE is not the real name?
It is in my book. Beanie she is. Marmie's baby beanie.
Yep, cute picture and cute blog as well. I get such a kick out of your blog!
hey - do you want a live in nanny? i don't know if eric would like it, but i do love you, and I NEED A JOB!
That's definitely baby bump. No one could mistake that. You look great!
Have you and Mark started calling Beanie by her real name all the time? What if Nathan blabs the secret? :)
You look great! Here's to a happy and healthy third trimester. Life changes so quickly, doesn't it? I admire your flexibility and practicality when it comes to adjusting.
Happy last day of work, and happy first day of third trimester!
Yes, you do look great Erin!!! And definitely preggers!!!
Wow - 13 weeks is really NOT a long time to go. I feel like you - very excited to meet our little one but not ready for her to be here yet!!
Congrats!
kendra - it's ok when you're MY size. :) I actually was dieting for the first 7-8 weeks before I knew I was pregnant, and lost 20 lbs. I'm still at that same weight. My OB was actually happy, I can carry/deliver the baby much more easily with that 20 lbs gone!
ashley i - I'm with you. your baby IS taking forever! first babies usually do, I think. :)
merritt - mark and I wondered that last night, particularly if I should have mentioned it in a blog post. Nathan really MIGHT blab the secret (he's not known for being quiet), especially if his grandparents (and aunt) push him for the name. Good thing he just says "sister" and "beanie" - we might stop trying to teach the name for now. :)
and thanks, y'all, for the reassurance that I definitely look PREGNANT!
Oh I forgot to add my own reassurances, but yes, you look pregnant! :) congrats on that loss!
Post a Comment