Ok Nathan, it's time to go night-night. Do good sleeping. No crying. If you cry, we'll have to come take away your papers.
Yeeeeah.
Nathan went to the Lazy Five Ranch when he spent the weekend with Grandma (when Anneliese was in the hospital) a few weeks ago. He came home with some brochures he's been very attached to. Like, I want to *snuggle* with those papers very-attached.
So, he's been snuggling with his papers. Unless he has one of the night tantrums we've been dealing with of late, in which case... we take away his papers and he doesn't snuggle with them.
![]() |
| early-morning Nathan... snuggling with his papers |
We didn't realize how crazy no crying, or I'll have to take away your papers sounds until we had a few non-parents around at bedtime to point out that our family is nuts. (And if anyone out there has suggestions for how to end our pattern of night tantrums besides taking our child's papers away, we're open to help.)

7 comments:
Crazy what kids get attached to! I like this post :)
The whole thing makes Grandma happy :)
LOL that is awesome
Hazel sleeps with her favorite weird items of the day, too. We've often said, "If you get out of bed, we're going to take away your soap/flower/sticker/whistle/chalk," etc. I don't think your sentence was weird at ALL!
That's really funny -- be sure to keep a list of these crazy things parents say (started mine here http://myconvertiblelife.blogspot.com/2010/09/fridays-5-parents-say-strangest-things.html). And thanks for your comment -- we love our Produce Box!
Regarding those "non-parents", I just say "wait until you have to deal with bedtime tantrums every.single.night. You'll be making crazy threats too!" We have friends that thought we were crazy too, but now that they have a child of their own, the Evettes, not so crazy anymore! I hope he settles down soon!
You are not nuts. Or maybe we're just nuts too. Either way, we're in the same boat. Every night we tell Isaac that if he cries or whines, we have to take away {chosen special toy or book}. That seriously works better than anything else we've tried, so we're sticking with it. Tonight we said "If you cry or whine or call out or bang on the wall, we will have to take rubber band man away."
Post a Comment