Five quick take updates from 'round here:
1.) Nick and Barbara (Mark's brother and his wife) moved into the guest house last week. It's not as weird as it sounds. They have renters in their house in Cary, and haven't settled on a new house in Raleigh, so they're hanging out here for a while. Yes, we got the a/c fixed over there. Yes, we put a stove in for them. No, we couldn't find anything to do with the pool table so they're mostly just living around it. I guess. (I don't really know what they've done with the place since I haven't actually been in there since they moved in. Just, you know, giving them their space and such.)
2.) Charlotte is on all fours! (Well, if two of the four are elbows.) And rocking a bit. This whole crawling thing miiiiight happen by her birthday after all.
3.) On our summer bucket list was a round of swim lessons for Nathan, and he did it! I mean, he still can't swim, technically, but he got a lot braver and the peer pressure in a group setting was awesome. We'll do another session with him at some point, I'm sure.
4.) Remember that merger at Mark's company that we found out about the day we put the offer on this house? Well, it has finally happened, but not without kerfluffle, and the resulting aftershocks have left Mark feeling uncertain -- not about his job, which seems to be very secure for the indefinite future, but about his potential for career growth in a company everyone seems to increasingly mistrust. If you're the praying type, say a prayer for Marky in the next few days please? His job stuff feels very heavy this week, and he's hoping for some direction and some peace about it all.
5.) Anneliese is still naughty. Instead of boring you with the details, I will just leave it at that.
And there's the update from the land of Goettsch (now seven strong in this place)!


1 comment:
Look at Charlotte up on all fours.......building some muscle- go, Charlotte, go!!
Post a Comment