Halloween 2012 -- Harry Potter, his owl Hedwig (and a monster).
Of note:
- We trick-or-treated. They lasted longer than last year. Bonus: no rain!
- We peeked into lots of fancy foyers at our neighbors' houses. Please tell me we're not the only ones who do this while trick-or-treating.
- Both of our hand-me-down costume ideas (you know that's how we like to roll) didn't pan out for either of the big kids, so we found something we had in the dress up bench (HP robe) and went from there.
- Nathan has only just learned that HP is a child wizard. Which makes him way cooler. (He's only seen snippets of the first movie; before this week his main concept of Harry Potter came from a lego sticker book.)
- Anneliese thinks the owl Hedwig's name is Heglig.
- In a fit of crafty confidence, I decided to make that owl costume (post for another day).
- Remember Anneliese in that monster costume?
- Poor third child Charlotte isn't exactly an afterthought, but still didn't get to go with the "theme" ... clearly she was troubled by this (or not at all).
- No, we did not actually feed her a snickers bar. (That thing is full-sized! We totes ate it ourselves. Everyone knows the full-size candy is for the parents.)
Happy Halloween!!

8 comments:
Charlotte is one of Hagrig's monstors! (She looks like a combination of Fluffy and Norbert/Norberta!)
Is his wand a STICK? Classy. ;-)
They are so cute!!!
That owl costume is amazing!!!!!!! Wowzers! I want to know more about it!
I can't wait to hear about the owl costume!!! It's fantastic. And they all look SO cute. SO cute.
I'm impressed you actually made a costume. This being probably the last year I can embrace my cheap side, I "let" the girls choose a costume from their dress up bin. I don't know what I'll do when I actually have to MAKE costumes.
for next year? http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-an-awesome-Harry-Potter-wand-from-a-sheet-of-/?ALLSTEPS
Mark says to tell y'all the stick wand worked JUST GREAT and also had magical hairs of a squirrel tail inside, so there.
;-)
and thanks for the owl comments too, I will do a blog post about it soon!
Post a Comment