Friday, October 2, 2009

Beanie's Room

With the addition this week of some awesome custom-made curtains, Beanie's room is officially ready for her! Pardon the seam down the middle of the picture, there's not actually a corner there; I'm just not good at photoshopping and I had to combine two shots to get the whole room in one pic.

We have been trying to "girly" the room up a bit, since we decided to use Nathan's old crib bedding, which is green and brown (it was marketed as gender-neutral, but seemed boyish to us). It's really nice, and still in great condition, and we didn't want to buy all new stuff when we thought we could make the room feminine enough by just adding pink as an accent color. I got lots of pink stuff for the nursery at my shower and from friends, and I love how the room turned out. I especially love the pink elephant lamp on the nightstand, it's one of the first things I notice when I come into her room and it makes me smile every time.

I'd say it definitely looks like a girl's room now, wouldn't you? (The very same bedding and furniture, with blue as an accent color, looks oh-so-different when I see the pictures of getting Nathan's room ready before his arrival!)

Crib, with Nathan's original bedding and some new fun pink sheets and stuff added in: Fabulous curtains, custom-made by Aunt Barbara (who rocks and is pretty much my favorite person this week): Breast pump (secondhand from my former boss, remember what I said about how that really was a great job?) is ready to go in an awesome basket from Sarah ...which should have a green ribbon on it but Nathan took it off and I haven't re-glued it yet:Closet (and bins in the changing table too) full of hand-me-downs (mostly from Jenny), and sweet girly gifts from friends, and diapers. Can you tell I had fun getting everything organized and labeled? Wonder how long it will last. :)Hard to believe that in a matter of days, my daughter (!!!!!) will be hanging out in here. MY DAUGHTER. Wow.

11 comments:

DAU said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EMU said...

So fun. I just love all things baby. It looks like you are all set for your sweet baby girl to get here!

Annie enjoyed "talking" to the picture of Beanie's room! Maybe one day she can meet Beanie. :)

Come, Beanie, come!

Erin G said...

haha, I was wondering why you and Annie both posted the same comment! :)

DavidJ said...

did we ever talk about how I don't believe that pink is a girly color? the distinction between blue and pink is a scam perpetrated on us by the baby industry to make us feel bad about reusing items "clearly meant" for one sex, for the other.

marmie said...

MY grand daughter!!!
My DAUGHTER's daughter!

Kelley C said...

I'm impressed! The room looks fabulous. This is your old office?? Wow. Ok when you are ready you can come organize/nest at my house.

Erin G said...

david - yep I've heard your pink spiel before. :) I actually think that pink/blue together is one of the cutest combos for a baby girl. :)

kelley - do NOT get my hopes up or I really might show up and do it!

Betsy said...

So beautiful! I LOVE it!!! We finally got our nursery done and then I went into labor, so maybe this will motivate Beanie to make her way into the world! :)

Blessings to y'all!

merritt said...

It looks really good, Erin! Beanie is absolutely going to love it!

Jen Calhoun said...

I just got caught up on the blog. I just love her bedroom. It's sweet and perfect and I think we have a winner. The curtains rock and it looks very special. I know you are anxiously awaiting Beanie.

Love you sweetie! She'll get here soon and when she does, have Mark text me after you get settled.

Tracey Walston said...

Precious room! Love all that pink!!