Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Celebration

Ok. So I know Anneliese's birthday was almost a week ago, and I still haven't posted any pictures or proof that we celebrated in any way.  But we did.  We totally did!  I just didn't have pictures until very very recently* (have I mentioned our camera is broken in the last five minutes?)...

Our friends again-heroes the Chamblees let us have a little gathering at their house (since ours is still a huge distaster) to have some cake and celebrate Anneliese's turning  a year old.  Nick and Barbara came too, and so did Another Nathan.  And even though Anneliese was fussy and unhappy for lots of the evening (she still wasn't back to her normal sunny self after being in the hospital last weekend), everyone just took it in stride and loved on our birthday girl anyway.

This picture pretty exactly captures how Anneliese felt about her birthday cake (although she did eat a little when I fed it to her off a fork later):

And this picture pretty exactly captures how Nathan felt about getting some birthday cake (you can see exactly how Anneliese feels about a sippy cup of cow's milk there in the background):

She did find a few real smiles when Mary and Hayes pushed her in the swing in their backyard:

And she perked up substantially the next day when Nathan helped her open a few presents (that frog she's holding is Hattie.  We already love Hattie):

It was a simple and easy (minus the crying) celebration, with the handful of people who are most important to us here in Raleigh -- they're really our family here.  So glad they were all on hand to help us celebrate our little lady.  They made us feel so loved (as always).

Happy Birthday, baby girl. In twenty years, it will be hilarious that you screamed about your cake instead of making a huge mess gobbling it up.  I promise.

For more pictures of Anneliese's birthday, click on the birthday girl in the swing, below.
Image hosted by Webshots.com
by mgoetts

*And many many thanks to Mary and Another Nathan for capturing my daughter's first birthday celebration on camera.  :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful little girl! The cake looks wonderful - good job! And her layered purple shirts are something I think I would like...for myself. :)

TeeTee Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Anneliese! The cake does look amazing, is that a cupcake cake? Very nice!

merritt said...

Aww. Poor girl. I'm glad you guys were able to celebrate in spite of all the chaos. Happy Birthday, Anneliese!

markloischamblee said...

Thanks so much for the thanks, and you are so welcome! We were honored, actually. Every girl deserves a big ole' first birthday party!
Love the photos! I'm so glad we thought to get the swings cleaned before you came over. I had a feeling they would go over BIG! Those
are some happy faces!

We love you back!