Well I'd hoped that we could make a little day trip to the beach for the 4th of July. But after a very hot weekend, we were all sort of drained. So we decided to celebrate locally in an also-fun-but-much-simpler way: the pool!
Nick and Barbara's neighborhood has a rockin' awesome pool with a slide and lots of kiddie paraphernalia like fountains squirting from the ground, giant buckets dumping into a shallow-end play area, and raining mushrooms. And no one seems to bat an eye when we all pile in as their guests. Plus for the 4th, they had a (free!) catered barbecue picnic.
So we all went for a swim together, laughed a lot, and had a fun and easy morning.
Anneliese loves the pool...
...and really loves her Aunt Barbara!
And I'm still loving having a camera that can get very very wet!!
Nathan was predictably nervous at first (especially after he fell and accidentally dunked himself early on) but by the end he was back to comfortably wading through the shallow end and jumping off the side with Daddy.
(That toy is his swimming Lighting McQueen car. It would really swim (apparently) if we put batteries in it. But we haven't. So right now we just told him, hey that's swimming Lightning McQueen, he likes to swim in the pool... and that's good enough for Nathan. Yep, parents of the year.)
I might have taken my very-pregnant belly for a fun fast ride down a big water slide! (Photographic evidence intentionally withheld.) And I even let Mark take some belly shots. I'm officially 36 weeks! It means Sprout's lungs are very likely mature, and she's pretty much grown. Yes, another few weeks would be better, but at this point, whenever I go into labor -- she's coming. No one will try to stop it. Hard to believe we're at this point already!
(Even harder to believe I just posted that pic on the internet. Thou shalt not judge the unhottness of the only swimsuit that fits me in my very-pregnant state. Got it?)
Hey my getup can't be that much worse than Anneliese's. Green diaper, undershirt painted by a three-year-old, and faux-dressy jelly shoes? It might be her best look to date.
Anyway, happy 4th and happy 36 weeks! For more pictures of our pool day, click here for the photobucket album.
3 comments:
Umm, that underwater belly shot is too cute! Your belly is so small for 36 weeks and you don't even look uncomfortable yet! I know, you probably are, but you look like hanging out at the pool on a hot day in July with kids crawling all over you ain't no thang.
aaaaand EMU you're officially my new favorite person ever. :)
I agree: You look smaller than 36 weeks. It's a really cute shot.
Post a Comment