My awesome brother Brad came to Raleigh today! He lives oh so
far away (which I might have lamented once or twice in the past) and I hadn't seen him since my sister's wedding, over a year ago. He's currently en route to Croatia with his new fiancee (!!) Marija. Besides wanting to pass out from jealousy, I'm also grateful he made time to drive up for the day during his Charlotte layover, and spend time with us. And my mom and my sister Ashley (and her husband John) came too!
 |
| tentatively bonding with Uncle Brad |
We swam in the rain, we talked and visited, we played with the kiddies and let them bond with their aunts and uncles (Nathan decided his future Aunt Marija is "really cool" and spent all day clamoring for her attention), and then Mark grilled us steaks for dinner.
 |
| my future sis-in-law and my sister |
 |
| Uncle John is really good at playing with friend cars |
 |
| swimming in the rain: that's just how we roll |
It went way too fast, though, a blur of dogs and toddlers and food and chaos. But it was fun and we laughed a lot. Laughed in a way that only Brad and Ashley can make me. I love my brother and sister so much.
 |
| Brad came home to TWO pregnant older sisters! |
I'm so so glad Sprout decided to stay put in there long enough for me to just have some family time today and not worry about labor!
I was sad to say bye to Brad, not knowing when we'll see him again. Those are the worst kind of goodbyes. And even with Ashley it was hard -- the next time we see each other, we could both have new babies!! Things change so fast. Mostly I'm just happy for a day with my family though. They're too rare not to appreciate!
1 comment:
Uncle John's throat hurts today from making all the friend car motor noises yesterday. :)
Thanks again for hosting us on your Due Date Eve!
Post a Comment