Friday, July 1, 2011

July: Nesting... Or Planning to, Anyway

So apparently, it's July!  How did that happen already?  Where did June go?  And how is it possible that I'm having a baby next month???

All of a sudden I have a strong urge to get things done.  Which, um, hello -- is an urge that's been running about a two-month delay (seriously?  where have these nesting instincts been? I was out of control in my third trimester with both Nathan and Anneliese, but this time? I just can't get it up for baby preparation), and is also frustrating because I had a tiny little procedure this week that has left me too sore and exhausted to be productive.  Of course.  Timing fail.

So I am doing what any normal eight-months-pregnant mommy would be doing: devouring the internet, one facebook status and blog post at a time.  But here's what I probably should be doing:

* Cleaning my house.  Which has only been spot-cleaned, one room at a time, since we moved in.  Two months ago.  Don't judge.

* Unpacking boxes.  Yep, every time I think I'm done, I find a couple more.  Right now it's the front hall closet nagging me the most.  It's probably mostly coats, right?  That can totally wait til fall, right?

* Hanging baby clothes, in order of size, in Sprout's closet.  Ahhh, the happy waiting-for-baby tasks.  :)

* Sorting through the multiple bins of outgrown kiddie clothes: a stack for Liam, a stack for Sprout, a stack for donation, a stack for consignment.

* Finding the cookbooks that have been packed and stored for more than six months, and re-inspiring myself on some new (old) recipes.  We're in a dinner rut.

* Buying another boppy.  And boppy cover.  And changing pad.  And changing pad cover.  (All of which I have procrastinating purchasing because I have them on offer for free... from friends who live far away.  So I don't know how to get them.)

* Finally, once and for all, figuring out how to put three car seats into either of our cars, and doing it.  Seriously.  This has been nagging at me since we started trying to get pregnant, and I still haven't made it happen. 

* Sorting through the stack of papers on the desk and try to figure out why I thought I needed to keep them all.

* Finding that hospital registration form and fill it out and mailing it in already.  Yep, it was definitely supposed to be sent before my second trimester.  (Read: six months ago.)  But as best I can tell, having done this twice already, I'm going to have to give them all the information in person again anyway when I show up in labor, which will make me irate.  Maybe "forgetting" to pre-register this time will make me less irate?

* Finish working on the photo album I haven't finished since... our honeymoon.

* Convincing Mark that I totally feel well enough for a day trip to the beach on Monday.  I really really want to be at the beach.

* Throwing away the expired stuff in the fridge and cleaning off the shelves.  Or at least wiping them down. 

* Going through the calendar and the list of people who have offered to help with Nathan and Anneliese when Sprout comes, and officially charting out who is on call when, and oh I don't know, crazy notion, communicating with them about that.

* Sorting through my emails and figuring out what stuff I still need to do for Ashley's baby shower next weekend.  And then doing said stuff.

* Going upstairs and getting Anneliese; I can hear her reading books in her room, wide awake post-nap.  But Nathan (and Daddy) are still sleeping, so... eh. She's fine.

* Picking up the magnet whiteboard that fell off the fridge this morning and is still lying in the middle of the kitchen floor.  I can see it from where I'm sitting.  It's taunting me.  But not enough to make me care.

* Packing a hospital bag.  Or at least making a list for the hospital bag.

* Finding a movie to watch with Mark tonight, because I don't think either of us can take another episode of house hunters international this week. We do love it, but... enough already.

* Emailing Barbara and try to sweet-talk her into window valences for the bedroom of her second niece, because the ones for her first niece were so danged awesome and I'm secretly hoping she's dying to share her mad skillz again.

* Finding the electric cord for the breast pump.  And the breast pump itself.  And making sure I have bags to store the milk that will spring forth thanks to said breast pump.

* Filling out the seller's checklist for the closing attorney on the old house.

* Washing and organizing the bottles and nipples that arrived yesterday for Sprout.  Because yes, I am an optimist and she is going to be the baby who reliably takes a bottle whenever we want or need her to.  She is.

* Getting up to go pee for the hundredth time today.  Okay, this one can't wait.  I have a month still to do the other stuff, right?  Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you never get around to unpacking the cookbooks, try allrecipes.com... It is my favorite (I'm pretty sure I have never cracked one of my cookbooks...)!

marmie said...

But look at the BRIGHT side- You did make a list of the things you need to do. And can update it regularly, even if you don't scratch much off of the list. "On-call" plans and car seat arrangement seems like a priority, though. After peeing.

Barbara said...

I would love to make window valences for Sprout! Just let me know the details.