Monday, October 10, 2011

A Legofest

Confession: I didn't know that legos were, like... a thing, until the last year or two.  It turns out that they have almost a kidcult following, and people love them.  The lego love is apparently prevalent enough to warrant stores and licensed merchandise and even amusement parts.  Who knew?\

Well.  Mark and Another Nathan, for starters. Both lego-obsessed kids grown into lego-obsessed adults.  And they were both a teensy bit excited laughably grown-man beside themselves when we found out that there was a lego festival coming to Raleigh.  A fest! With legos! Whoa dang.

So we went. Obvs.

And Y'ALL.  I have never seen so many legos IN. MY. LIFE. There had to have been trillions of legos in that convention center.  (Oh yes, it was in a convention center.)  It was a special kind of lego awesome.
Our happy lego-lovin boy
Daddy and Anneliese built a tower together.

Charlotte's take on the fest?   ...Meh.
Nathan and Another Nathan built a... train? A roller coaster? A train station?
(They were concentrating very hard on their work. I did not ask for specifics.)
A lego made of legos! Meta.
What's better than a sweet toddler wearing a lego crown and lanyard?
NOTHING.
A map of the USA, built by fest attendees.

The Nathans each built houses to put on the map.
(n Texas and Iowa, in case you were curious) 
My personal contribution was the row of flowers in front of Nathan's house. Yes, that's totally a house. And yes those do too look like flowers!
Have you ever seen a grown man this excited about legos?
NO YOU HAVE NOT.
Anneliese found the one lego puppy* in that huge mountain of duplos.
(*It was a bear. Whatevs.)
Nathan built a lego car and raced it down the track.
Two of his favorite things!

Look! Lego Harry Potter! He's hott.
Wait what's this can it be I'm not sure oh yes it totally is A FRIEND CAR MADE OF LEGOS. Oh, sweet lego-ey Lightning McQueen. I can now die happy. *swoons*

(Okay.  I might have been a little excited about the legofest too.)

4 comments:

merritt said...

This looks SO awesome!!! I can only imagine how fun all those boys had while there.

Jenny said...

I will make sure and go to the lego store at Downtown Disney and take pictures of the lifesize Toy Story characters and everything else that's there just for your family and Another Nathan. I would have loved this too! How much fun!

Holly said...

this seriously might be the best thing i've ever seen ... i'm officially jealous.

marmie said...

I think it is amazing how you summon the energy and make time to get to interesting activities......I need to get out of my rut and prioritize such things!