Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What I learned at the State Fair

We hit the state fair this year with four adults and four babies. Me and Mark, Ashley and John, Nathan, Anneliese, and the two newborns Charlotte and Liam. And before you raise your eyebrows too high, you should know that we handled it just fine.  Mostly. 

Here's what I learned:

1.) It's totally possible to pee on a portapotty while wearing a baby in a bjorn.  Ashley and Mark both proved it.

2.) If you send one adult and two kids to the top of a giant slide, one of the kids will inevitably get panicky and you will have to send another adult to the rescue. That same panicky child will, within the next two hours, be begging to ride everything he sees, including rides designed for grownups.

3.) My son is a woo girl on amusement park rides.  (So is his Uncle John.)

4.) And apparently the two of them got together and converted Mark as well.
Hands off, ladies. He's all mine.

5.) It's possible to eat an egg roll for breakfast, a pineapple slushy for a snack, and a fried snickers bar for lunch, and still not feel nutritionally satisfied.  Who knew.

6.) My sister can shove her face full of funnel cake, get powedered sugar everywhere, includingon the maternity pants she's still rockin', and still be absolutely beautiful.

7.) Cows are prettier when they've had their hair vacuumed.  Oh yes.  They did that.

8.) If you go on a reeeeally high swing ride, and get kind of scared, your husband won't hold your hand and make you feel better.  Oh no.  He will make a video of you panicking.  {footage not for public internet consumption. sorry.}

9.) It is indeed possible for me to contain four babies at a carnival, by myself, even when one of them is on the boob (you can't see Liam but he's in the stroller and I am in control, I promise).  Supermom what.

10.) One thing I did not learn: What is a dead animal petting zoo, exactly?  No really.  Not a rhetorical question.  I need to know.

For more pictures of our Goettsch/Grice trip to the state fair, click here for the photobucket album.

2 comments:

EMU said...

Dude, you ARE SuperMom! You couldn't have dragged me dead to that state fair with just 2 babies. I'm way impressed. And a little jealous about that fried Snickers...

ashley said...

Liam looks so small in these pictures... and it's only been a week and a half! He's growing so stinkin fast.