Five years ago it started as a kind of internet birth announcement, a simple way to show pictures of brand new tiny Nathan to our family and friends without bombarding everyone with emails (we weren't on facebook then... remember when babies came into the world and it wasn't a Facebook Thing? HA HA WEIRD). So this little blog was born.
And over the last five years I have sat down one thousand times and written something down about us or our lives -- fun or dumb, important or nonsense, lamenting or celebratory. A thousand times I have done this! (I almost can't wrap my brain around it.)
We started it mostly to share with other people, but now it's also totally for me. Oh, the things I would worry about if I didn't have bright encouraging people reading and sending their smarts my way. The friendships I wouldn't have kindled (or rekindled!) because of this curious thing about putting our lives on the internet. But mostly, whoa dang, the little moments that would be totally forgotten if I didn't write them down and share them.
| five years and a thousand posts later: our fun/awkward/grumpy/smiley family |
These thousand posts have become an odd sort of record, or something, of what this season has been like for us. A trail of memories all jumbled up together in my beautiful mess of a family.
Here's to a thousand more.
10 comments:
Happy 1000! I've enjoyed reading all of 'em! :)
Yay! What an accomplishment. I love your blog! :)
And I love going back and remembering. What a chronicle of your lives!
I want to be like you when I grow up... I just don't think I will be as dedicated! I love that I have gotten to laugh and cry and see your kids grow even though we have lived so far apart the whole time... Love you. Job well done. Keep it up!
I'm so happy you took/take the time to do that! It's a wonderful way to keep up with everything in your little corner of the world. Keep it up!
It's been so wonderful reading your posts and keeping up with your lives. Your blog page is the first thing I look at every day when I log on (at home, can't access it at work). These are some wonderful memories that will eventually become a beautiful gift to your children. I love you all!
This pictures is hilarious! Happy thousandth post - here's to the next thousand!
I am SO, SO glad that you have sat down to write 1000 times. It's been such a treat to be such a big part of your life. I love it. And you.
<3
Erin - Congrats on your 1,000th post! Amazing, isn't it? I think we need to start a club of bloggers that make it to 1,000 posts.
Post a Comment