Sometimes, in the midst of the chaos and the whining and the feeding and the juggling of three tiny growing creatures with their own individual and varying needs, in the midst of feeling guilty about time and attention for all of them, while simultaneously arguing with myself that my time and attention isn't the be-all-end-all, and that siblings, while attention-stealing, truly are a gift, sometimes in the midst of that, I have a moment of clarity about how wonderful it all really is.
And then things feel happy and uncomplicated. I like those moments.

3 comments:
I totally get that. I amazed by you and the 3 kids you take care of.
Katie is so enough sometimes, and then other times I'm jealous of all the love in your house.
Instead of lego moments, we've recently been having Candyland moments. Yes, that's right we play Candyland 3-10 times daily. All of us, some with Katie cheating, other times with her whining, but most of the time we are having fun and enjoying this special moment that simply won't last forever.
Great picture too. I love A's socks!
Legos = LOVE. I like it. Also, my jaw dropped at Anneliese's legs... Are they really that long or is it just the picture???
Um no she's just a really giant two year old. :)
Post a Comment