Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday Miscellany

Eight quick takes:

1. I thought that turning Charlotte around in her car seat would help me keep her awake during our 1pm car rides to get Nathan from school. Um, it has not. (These dozes regularly ruin afternoon naptime, in case you were curious.)

2. Nathan has started packing his own lunch for school. He climbs up on a stool, makes a sandwich or bagel, gets some grapes or string cheese or applesauce or whatever else he wants to bring, fills his water bottle, and always remembers an icepak from the freezer, a spoon from the drawer, and exactly half a paper towel. He is either a control freak or he's stumbling into newfound independence (if it's the former, don't tell me). And I am either a really terrible mommy or a really awesome one (if it's the former, don't tell me).

3. I got new glasses. Tell me they are cute and trendy.

4. We got the fliers for this year's Awkward School Photos. Oh goody, now they come with a fake magazine cover. Something I've always never wanted or needed! And even if it were a good idea (it isn't), this one isn't even well done. Laugh at it with me, please.

5. Are y'all watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood yet? It's the newest incarnation of Mister Rogers, a re-imagining of his land of make-believe. It's sweet and smart and it will bring back memories. Tell your kids and tell your DVRs. I wouldn't lead you wrong on this, friends. Daniel Tiger is where it's at.

6. After a string of hard weeks, Anneliese is suddenly having a good one. She's sweet and kind and helpful and, well, delightful. If it manifests like this, I'm happy for her to make a liar out what I told the internet last week.

7. For anyone keeping score at home, it's been three-plus weeks and Mulch Mountain is indeed still standing strong in our front yard. Oh and it's still steaming. I don't care how much heat is generated from the wood-chipping process... that ain't right. Our mulch is creeping me out, y'all.

8. We bought our house again yesterday. Yay?

7 comments:

Emily said...

What does that mean, that you bought your house again? And I can't BELIEVE someone thought those magazine covers would be a good idea, that people should pay money for them!

Erin G said...

Oh we just refinanced out of our original renovation loan. Freed up some cash to do the next round of fixes. Nothing glamorous, a million and twelve papers to sign.Good times.

Kelley C said...

My kindergartners makes her own lunch also. She asked to. I think that makes us super moms totally.

Kelley C said...

Kindergartner just one

ashley said...

I feel like you just got new glasses, like 6 months ago. I like the new ones!!

Erin G said...

I know, I still thought of those as my "new" glasses too! But it had been over two years, and my insurance covered new ones again, so I went with it.

merritt said...

LOVE the glasses. LOVE.