Thursday, June 3, 2010

Relaxation FAIL

This is what happens when Mark tries to actually relax on his days off...

He gets covered in toys and stuffed animals while watching the French open:He has his own bed taken over by a baby, a pup, and a loud crinkly toy during a nap attempt:And then he falls asleep in the middle of a donut-deep-frying extravaganza with a friend.(Ok it wasn't technically an extravaganza, but they were good. And he did wake up enough to enjoy them.)

And even though I find it sort of amusing, Mark has never breathed a word of complaint about having his relaxation time interrupted by his kids. Life's more fun with them around anyway, right hon? :)

4 comments:

EMU said...

Umm, I think you forgot about the part where Mark's wife was sticking the camera in his face during all his naps. Poor guy! ;)

Erin G said...

Hahahaha! :) if you knew mark, you'd know he can sleep through anything.

In the first one, I went in there because A had been crying -- right next to him -- and he slept through it. :) so don't think the camera woke him up or anything.

And in the last one, he told me to wake him up when the donuts were ready. You'd better believe it took multiple attempts though. :)

MNG said...

Erin's right, I can sleep through almost anything (including earthquakes). If my kids happen to wake me up with happy noises though, it is more than welcome.

Neil said...

I'm sorry Mark, the correct answer was, "Erin, just being around you is all the relaxation I need."