A year ago today, my two little ones met for the first time. I clutched Anneliese close to me, for fear that Nathan wouldn't be gentle enough. Nathan gave her a slobbery kiss, then proclaimed it's dirty. Good times, good times.
I was so worried about how they would take to each other.
I needn't have worried.
Now they're hardcore besties, experts at playing together, and know how to communicate with each other better than any of the rest of us can do with either one of them. I love hearing Nathan babbling along in Anneliese's language. I love the way he can coax a giggle out of her when everything else is making her grumpy. I love the way her eyes and head follow him across the room, staring in adoration as he explains his trucks or his books or whatever pearls of wisdom he sees fit to share with her in that moment. I roll my eyes when we're in the car and he tells me "no Mommy, I talking to Anneliese," but secretly I love that too.
One of the biggest surprises for me in parenting two children is how happy seeing them together makes me. I can't... I just... oh man I love them so much.
I hope they always treasure each other as much as they do today. Or more.


6 comments:
So sweet. Your kids are so precious. I can't believe it's been a year already. Happy Anniversary, Nathan and Anneliese!
they'll have their ups and downs (just like we did) but if they love each other half as much as you, Brad, and I do when they are (almost) 30... they'll be pretty darned lucky!
BEST KIDS EVER! (yours. not us. just so we're clear.)
ha! made me laugh out loud. not lolspeak laugh, but REALLY laugh. :)
So cute! You're right - it is so fun to watch them playing together (fighting together, which comes later, not so much).
I agree! Seeing the kids play together is always so precious, I hate to interrupt.
So glad you are having such a wonderful parenting experience. You are a good Mom. Blessings Erin.
Post a Comment