I am fully aware that I owe the internetz some pictures of our lived-in house, now that you've humored me through all these renovation posts and we're finally moved in and (in theory) settled in our new home.
But, here's the thing. It's never really clean. And there might or might not be a few boxes and frames and things still lying around. And lots of rooms that don't feel "ready" yet. It turns out most of my nesting energy went into the renovation itself, and I keep feeling like we're not legitimately settled enough to take pictures and post them. Which probably isn't true, and someday I will get around to it, I promise.
But for now, pictures of Sprout's bedroom will have to be good enough, so... here you go!
(Before pic from when we first bought the house, click here.)
The purple rug with flecks of hot pink in it makes me insanely happy. Also I have name-related art gifts coming from two friends* that I won't post pictures of yet, but I'm very excited about those too, and about her walls being a little less bare. And while I wait, there are lots of other things in this nursery that make me excited to take care of my newest little one in here.
Getting your diaper changed in a dormer window? Pretty sure she's living the infant dream. Love all these cloth diapers, stuffed and ready to go!
Stripey crib bedding made from a friend of a friend on facebook who loves cloth diapers as much as I do and runs a sewing business called Fireflies in July.
Still lots of organizing and sorting to do in the closet, but I have a load of clothes washed and ready for Sprout so she has something to wear when she comes home from the hospital. Okay that's a lie, it's not washed yet and the clothes bins in her changing table (above) are still quite empty. Her to-be-worn clothes are still in the laundry basket. But they're taken off the hangers at least. And they will be washed! Soon! (As soon as the other four of us have clean socks and underwear again. Laundry priorities, people.)
And now, because I have a baby due in two days, I'm going to go pack a bag for the hospital. Yeah I'm totally doing that. Probably. Maybe. Ahem.
5 comments:
Love all that Furman purple! :)
you keep telling me how you've "not nested." If this is "not nesting," what the heck is NESTING? You're about 35 steps ahead of me.
Still can't figure out how much of each size clothing I need.
What's up with blankets? How many blankets do I need?
Will you come "not nest" in my house, please?
When we moved up to NC, the bonus family room had two dormer windows. Dad went to Home Depot or somewhere and got two sheets of some wooden laminate material and set them up so we would have two desk spaces in each dormer window. Worked for us!
I heart the purple. The room looks fantastic. She's gonna love it!
I love the changing table under the dormer window! When she's older that would make a great reading nook. :)
Post a Comment