Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Your Daily Anneliese: Picktails

I indulged in a recent trend of of girlyness today and decided my baby is ready for pigtails.  A couple of friends have daughters who are younger and/or have less hair than Anneliese, so if they can pull it off (or come close), then she totally can too.

What do you think?

I'm loving seeing how happy they make Nathan -- he keeps touching them and calling them her picktails.  So cute.

I'm also loving that it keeps her mullet off the back of her neck and she's way less sweaty and tangled. I'm loving seeing those curls bounce around in a new way. And I'm loving that she'll even nap with her hair like this. 



I'm not loving how much (and how suddenly) she looks like such a big girl! 

In my mind, she's still a baby, with no need (or possibility) of a "hairdo" of any kind.  Clearly that is not the case.  Oh man she's getting so old so fast.

11 comments:

marmie said...

WOW!! Really precious. French braids next.

Erin G said...

you overestimate my mommying abilities, mother. ;-)

Anonymous said...

So cute.

merritt said...

Adorable. Simply adorable.

ashley said...

LOVE!

Dad said...

Lobe it!

Anonymous said...

I meant "Love it"

EMU said...

Super cute! And you're right: the picktails make her look so much older!

Jenny said...

See, I TOLD you they'd be super cute! Good job Mommy!

Emily said...

Oh yes they are SUPER cute. Next thing you know, you'll be buying a matching set of bows to put on those piggies. Just not licensed, right? ;)

Erin G said...

ha! I don't know emily, if we could find some lightning mcqueen bows I might totally go for it. She loves him. I find it ironic that she can say Lighting (neet-ning!) but not her own name. {sigh} Disney wins again.