Saturday, July 3, 2010

Awendawesome

**This post brought to you by the Androblogger app on my phone, which means it probably won't have pictures added until I'm back home on July 5th.**

Let me present to you three reasons I feel like I'm in some sort of parallel universe right now:

1.) Mark and I are in Charleston (for Sarah's wedding), miles and miles and miles from our children (who are spending the weekend in the Charlotte area with family members).  The back of our mazda currently contains nary a car seat.  We realized that today is the first time we've woken up sans kiddos in over a year.

2.) It's like 80 degrees here, with low humidity and a lovely breeze.  In July.  In Charleston.  I'm pretty sure the bride and groom used some of their wedding budget to pay off Jesus for the best weather in the history of this normally hot and humid city.

3.) After a delicious dinner and wine date last night, followed by drinks on a rooftop bar with great friends, I woke up this morning slightly (ahem) hung over.  Whaaaaa?  I'm almost thirty!  Pretty sure those days should be behind me.  (But if it's a hangover or morning sickness, I'll still take the hangover.)  ;-)

See?  Parallel universe.

After the wedding rehearsal this morning, we spent the rest of the day in Awendaw (where Sarah's parents live, just north of Charleston).  It was fun and beachy and awesome.  Actually, it was (dare I say it?) ... Awendawesome.

I relaxed in the hammock with Mark.

Even our feet were relaxed.

I ate a Brazilian feast and tchin-tchined with friends.

I spent some time with the other gals in the wedding party. (Why are we all happier than the bride?)

I made out with a cute guy on the dock.  And then let him take my picture.

Mark perfected his Blue Steel look.  (Whoa, look at that, Sweetie... I was lying about not putting it on the internet!)  

And I got really excited with my gorgeous and wonderful friend Sarah about her nuptials tomorrow!

(Wow, look at all the pics you get of me when we don't have kids around to take pictures of!)

See?  Awendawesome.

1 comment:

merritt said...

That picture Mark took of you is especially pretty. Sounds so wonderful! Prelude to the cruise.