Sunday, July 11, 2010

There's Always 2014

I'd love to be sharing pictures with you of Mark going crazy happy at the outcome of today's world cup final or at least a fun shot of our group of friends cheering as the Netherlands scored a goal.  But... he's not.  And they didn't. 
But we can take solace in three things:

First, that we have friends who love us (well, Mark) enough to come over, wearing orange, to eat orange food and drink Dutch beer and help cheer on his team.

Second, that my kids look really cute all crazied up in orange themselves, and they don't seem to know or care who won the game. (Thank you to emu for these cutie pics!)

And third, there's always 2014.  Or 2018.  I have a feeling that at some point in his life, Mark will get to see his team win a world cup. 
Let's hope the umbrella hat dies a peaceful (or notsomuch) death before that day comes.

2 comments:

marmie said...

I fear it must be my fault........i rooted for NED in the final, and I am a jinx. I'll let NED off the hook and root for Jamaica 2014.......but then, they've beaten worse odds......

DavidJ said...

I'm puzzled at your vendetta against the umbrella hat, given that I suspect there is a ratty grey Furman hoodie with singed sleeves sitting in a box or drawer someplace in your house.