Anneliese stayed with my mom and they had fun. According to the very very detailed papers my mom wrote out with notes about her visit (Finn's GJo would be oh so proud), they did about 15 miles in the jogging stroller, watched soccer, went to two parties, ate lots of yogurt, and stayed up late every night. Past midnight on Sunday, when they watched fireworks together (the description of Anneliese sucking her thumb and staring in wonder makes me a little sad I missed her first fireworks, not gonna lie... although if I were there, she would have missed them anyway since she would have been in bed five hours earlier... just sayin').
I have no photographic evidence of any of this. But (except for the lack of camera capturing every moment) it seems like it was everything a Marmie weekend should be. Including follow-up text messages as my mom cried* her way through some sort of weird grandmotherly post-partum depression that had her feeling lonely, let-down and bored in the 24 hours after we took Anneliese back home. She even said** her stroller looked sad. (Projection what.)
Ashley's notes weren't quite as detailed (I crack myself up. There were no notes. You knew that already, right? It's not her way.) but there were some pictures on facebook of fighter jets drawn with sidewalk chalk and giant pb&j sandwiches eaten by the backyard pool. When we asked Nathan how his weekend was, he just kept talking about how he went swimming with AshleyRitaMickeyUncleJohn&Nathan (Rita and Mickey are dogs, in case you're curious).
And about the blue frisbee Ashley put in the sky (and apparently one in a tree). And Uncle John's huuuuge lawn mower. Oh, and this little gem, which he will not shut up about:
Note to anyone who hasn't heard about it yet: he doesn't like the spray. And no, he isn't talking about Anneliese blowing raspberries beside him in his armchair. He's talking about Ashley's shower. No more showers, please. Baths only. (If you can't see the video embedded above, click here.)
So now we're home, and back to the status quo. Which I have to say is actually a really good thing. I missed both kiddos way more than I thought I would. I'm so glad to have them back. So glad to be a mommy again.
*No one out there is still wondering where I get my crazy, right?
**Yes, it's totally fine for me to make fun of her on the internet because a- she's fine now, and b- she already admitted it on facebook anyway.


2 comments:
Awww! Poor Marmie. And of course her stroller is sad. After 15 miles of Anneliese, who wouldn't be? :)
HAHAHA! I was totally going to scan and email you the notes GJo left me last week because I knew you could appreciate them with me. They cracked me up they were so detailed. :)
Post a Comment