Well, after almost a week of road-tripping through the western half of the state, we're all home and back to reality. I am still sorting through the bajillion pictures I took while we were gone (no one's really surprised at that, right?) but here are a few from the first leg of our trip, the kid-free part in Asheville.
We dropped Nathan and Anneliese for back-to-back visits with my mom then my dad, and Mark and I took off for the mountains. We stayed in a nice hotel in downtown Asheville, with great mountain views from our room.
And it took approximately four minutes for us to get down to business and do exactly what parents do in hotel rooms the second they're away from the kiddies: sleep.
(What did you think I was going to say?)
We had a lovely dinner date at the gorgeous Grove Park Inn.
Our table was amazing -- right by the window, surrounded by mountains, and we were there right when the sun was setting. A romantic cliche come true. Oh and the food was delicious and my date was cute and sweet and fun. So, yeah. Awesome date night. :)
We slept late every morning, took naps every afternoon, ate when we wanted, explored downtown when we wanted, took long showers in our fancy hotel bathroom, and generally made a huge mess of our room without worrying what stuff needed to be off-limits to pups or babies. It's the simple mindless things that make a getaway great, you know?
I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to have a few days away with just Mark. With the house and the renovation (and the whole paying two mortgages thing), a big vacation just wasn't in the cards for this year. So I'm especially glad we got to make this little trip work.
For a few more pics of our time in Asheville (including that beautiful shower), click here for the photobucket album.
1 comment:
Sounds like an awesome time together. I'm glad you two could get that time alone.
Post a Comment