Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Things I'm Happy About: Wednesday Recovery Edition

After yesterday's post, I owe the internet (read: myself) a good ol' something to be happy about post.  Because in the light of a new day, even though none of the things I was frustrated about are truly resolved, I do feel better.  (Sweet comments and texts and emails will do that to a gal.)  And the truth is, I do have things to be happy about.

1.)  We had some fun playdates with the kiddos this week.  On Monday Nathan and Anneliese and I went to the airport to play with Annie-Bop, and they all three raced dump trucks around, pointed at airplanes, dug in the sand, hit the ball off the tee, and let emu and me rest our pregnant bellies in the shade and visit with each other.  Then yesterday Nathan's school friend (and our new neighbor!) Kate came over and I helped them bake some cookie-brownie bars.  Nathan loves to cook and he was happy to share the kitchen with his friend.

2.) I got to hang out and have grownup time with two fun friends yesterday.  First Jeanine and I sat by (and in!) a kid-free pool and talked and laughed and and the sunshine and water felt good on our skin and made us both happy.  Then I had dinner and a great visit with my college roomie Betsy, who called in the middle of her also-stressful week for some friend time.  Awesome, on both counts.  That's right, mommies need playdates too.  (Well, they're not technically mommies.  But you know what I mean.)

3.) These swimsuits, drying on our deck rail.  This is a picture that used to be just a dream, an image I held only in my head during the whole house-buying process.  And now it's real.  Never mind that it's not from a playing in our pool, which is still a swamp.  It's a happy healthy marker that I'm raising my family here, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  And therefore this is a sweet sweet sight to me.

4.) My best friend, who has been gone for a week, is finally coming home tonight. And sometimes we all just need real live Another Nathan hugs.  It's true.  I'm glad I get to see him tomorrow.

5.) Mark and I get a glimpse of Sprout tomorrow!  Just the two of us in an ultrasound room with our sweet unborn baby girl, having some mommy-daddy moments.  And then all three of us on a lunch date (if I call it a date for all three of us, I get to eat more, right?)... and I am looking forward to our morning together.

So, happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good for you! I was worried after I read yesterday's blog post. We are in the same boat. Now we have jobs, daycare, an unsold house, and still no place to live in GA. So we are right there with you.

Ultrasound days are the best too. Can't wait to hear about it. Hang in there! We need a zoo playdate soon!