Monday, June 27, 2011

Kissing Cousins

So as of today, I am 35 weeks pregnant, which means there are 35 days left* in this pregnancy. Assuming Sprout comes on time.  Which we all know she won't.  (From the looks of the birthday guesses, you people are just as convinced as I am of her inevitable tardiness.)  And is it just me, or does thirty-five days sound very very close?

Trying not to freak out.  Trying not to make mental (or physical) to-do lists that I am way too hot and tired to complete anyway.  Failing at both of those.

Anyway.  Sprout's arrival is getting closer.  And as my belly is growing, so is Ashley's! 
28 weeks and 33 weeks
(Which doesn't explain why she is suddenly as tall -- or taller? -- than I am in this picture.  I promise in real life I have at least two or three inches on her.  This is not my I-am-tall complex; it's really true!)

It's secretly more fun than I want to admit, having my sister pregnant at the same time I am.  Just yesterday, I bought our babies matching lime green Born in 2011 onesies.  Yep, I did that.  I'm cheesy and I don't care.  I'm excited for us to have babies together!

True story: the first time I saw Ashley after we knew we were both pregnant, she came running into the living room at my dad's (and might or might not have squealed a little) and mashed her belly onto mine and said "my baby wants to kiss your baby!"  And now I think of that every time we hug (or pose for a pic) and our bellies (and babies) touch. 

Kissing cousins.  In utero. 

(It's ok if you don't get us.)

*Oh, the things we wouldn't notice without Merritt in our lives. :)

2 comments:

Erin Halsey said...

April and I did the same thing when London and Brenna were both in utero! Weird but awesome! 35 days? Holy cow, didn't you just email me with your little "newborn fluff" email like yesterday?

merritt said...

Hooray for 35/35!! I remember looking at your ticker sometime around 34 weeks thinking that you were getting close to this milestone. Amazing. It's not far.