Mark and I had a 3D ultrasound appointment today to get a peek at our next baby girl. It's very likely the last time the two of us will sit in an ultrasound room together as excited and teary expectant parents. It was a sweet moment.
And Sprout cooperated like a champ; we got to see so much of her, and so clearly! It was such a bright spot in my day (week, really).
 |
| sweet chubby cheeks |
 |
| big yawn from a tiny girl |
 |
| pretty sure she's trying to sleep through this appointment :) |
 |
| such long fingers! |
 |
| sticking out her tongue |
 |
| is that a smile? mommy says yes |
Technology is amazing, y'all.
But the real bright spot today was the official confirmation that she has indeed turned, and she's definitely head-down, and the c-section has been canceled. Praise the Lord. I knew she was up to something last night, for
hours, and then this morning she was kicking me in all different places and my belly looked different. I felt sure she had turned and was no longer
transverse, but I was nervous to hope for head down instead of
totally the wrong way. But she did it! And I can't even tell you how happy that news makes me.
Memory for the evening: my reaction to Anneliese's 32 week ultrasound. She was about the same size as Sprout is now, and 4lbs+ apparently sounded to big to me then, the same as today. Which I didn't remember until I went home and read that day's blog post. :)
9 comments:
Eeek! She's adorable! Those pictures are amazing; she looks a lot like Anneliese! I bet you really can't wait to meet her now! So glad she is head down, too!
did we just simulcomment on each other's blog posts? I think we did. :)
I was confident she'd figure out her "proper place"........now will she when she is 15?
Yay, Sprout! Way to help your mama with some of this ridiculous stress she is going though... We 3rd children are often able to do that, just ask my mom. =) Those 3D pics are amazing - she is so pretty! See, Erin, now each one of your worries mentioned on that other terribly depressing blog will begin to get worked out. Sprout just had to get the ball rolling... Love you.
What amazing pictures! And I'm so glad that she turned down. I can't believe how soon she will be here.
Yes. Yes, we did. Simulcomment. Did you make that up? :)
Yea for turning head down!! I'm excited for your labor & delivery! And those pics are incredible.
emu- maybe. I have been known for simultexting many many times. I decided simulcommenting is probably a thing too. :)
kelley- "excited for labor" might be pushing it a little. but excited that I get to go have a normal delivery... ok I'll agree on that level!
WOW that is the best 3D ultrasound picture I've ever seen! And I was gonna say the same thing about her looking just like Anneliese. (and I'm an expert because I've only seen both girls through pictures!)
Post a Comment