Saturday, June 4, 2011

(Late-) Sleeping Beauty

Let's face it, Anneliese is beautiful even at the worst of times.  I'm definitely not biased about that, it's just a fact.

But she's especially beautiful when she's sleeping late on a morning when I get to sleep in too. Is there anything more beautiful to look at than a baby still sleeping soundly at 10:30am?  I don't think so.
Your daily Anneliese: our (late-) sleeping beauty

(And even then she can be difficult to wake up.)  (Please talk to your big brother about how to do this, sweetie girl.)

At times like this, I know she's her mama's girl.  :)

For anyone curious for an update, the big girl bed is working beautifully for Anneliese.  She gladly gets in it.  She gladly stays in it. And sleeps well in it.  All night.  It's been over a month and she has only fallen out once (we used the noodle trick again).  She's happier when she wakes up in the morning because she can easily get to her toys and books instead of standing in her crib hollering for us.  And even though a few naysayers thought she was too young at eighteen months (before she could even walk! gasp! how could we), I'm glad we tried because it has been oh. so. easy.  I'm so relieved we made this transition at the same time as the new house, instead of when Sprout gets here. Big girl bed ftw! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I never can remember what "ftw" stands for. So to me, that last sentence is "Big girl bed fuhthewuh!" My 30 years are showing.

Anyway I originally came to comment how stinkin' lucky you are that she slept in until 10:30!! Way to go, Anneliese!!