When I posted the other day about the mess Nathan made now that he's crawling all over the place, I didn't mean to imply that a mobile toddler is all headache and no fun. In fact, it's the opposite... I think Nathan is more fun the older he gets.
Yes, he's more to chase after. Yes, he makes big messes. Yes, it's annoying that our house is so baby-proofed that I need a magnetic key to open the cabinet housing my trash can. But also, he's so interactive... he understands what I say and can sometimes answer me back. He can obey simple commands. He can (in theory anyway) entertain himself while I work. All of these things actually make toddlerhood easier than infanthood. (Ask me again when we get to the terrible-two stage though; I might be singing a different tune.)
Anyway, here's a short video of Nathan's speedy crawl, and the absolute joy that shines on his face when he has found his beloved spanish-speaking maracas (thanks again, Ashley)... yes, these are the same maracas that cheered for him when he first learned to crawl. I also like how bored Simon looks with Nathan crawling like a maniac around him. :) I'm telling you, that dog is so laid back it's (almost) impossible to remember the days when my mom thought he was the most rambunctious puppy she had ever met (and she would know). Also, I love Nathan's mad dancing skillz. Enjoy!
6 comments:
cute!
i love the video! we miss seeing him grow up over time. We will be in NC for a couple weeks for the christmas holidays and hopefully we will get to see you guys! Also, that's for all the comments on our blog (at least one person is reading!) but what did you mean by "the BFG" talking about Val's post....i'm sure i should know what you are referring to!
take care!
thanks! at least you can watch him grow up on our blog and yes, we would LOVE to go for drinks or dinner or something when you're here in december. (I'm replying to your BFG question over on your blog.)
Gosh, I love babies! Your video of Nathan reminds me why. So much personality in such a small package.
Don't worry, I wouldn't answer any of Mark's questions either.
haha! that makes me laugh, neil. :)
it's actually weird that he's not talking in this video. he's usually SUCH a chatterbox.
Post a Comment