One of Nathan's favorite things to do recently (well, since he started walking more regularly) is help me sweep. Which, as you can see by the state of our kitchen floor, needs to be done more often than I actually do it.
It's not so helpful when he conks himself in the head (which happens regularly). Mark got some pictures tonight before the tears ensued. Not from the head-conking but from mommy taking the broom away. Who knew a kid would be so heartbroken to not have to (get to) sweep?
3 comments:
So cute!!! And it looks like he's growing into a good helper! Isaac loves our feather duster and vacuum. He cries when I take the feather duster away from him, too!
I like to think we're training up our boys to be really great husbands. I want my future daughter-in-law to thank me!! ;)
That's a good technique to use when Nathan is a little older and gets to a point where he doesn't want to help with housework. Take away the broom and tell him he's not allowed to help. It will have the effect of making him want to help more than anything in the whole world. It only seems to work for a little while, though, maybe between the ages of four and ten.
haha! fun!
Aashini always wants to take a rag and rub the floor (that's what they do here) - it's so funny!
Teach him to mop next or wash the dishes :) haha! fun!
Post a Comment