Friday, July 31, 2009

Sweet Potatoes... Going, Going, Gone!

I've mentioned before how Nathan eats the same eight foods over and over again, right? And how variety is not his thing? And how the closest thing he eats to a vegetable is a sweet potato?

But at least he really loves his sweet potatoes.

When we were in DC, we ate at a barbecue place (yes, we went from North Carolina to DC and ate barbecue there, and yes, we know how wrong that is) and ordered Nathan a sweet potato for dinner. Because I am currently not into the whole kids menu thing.

As you can see, he was pleased with the portion size, and he polished off almost all of it. Amazing. Mark and I had way more leftovers than he did!

Right now he's saying "Ooooh it's a big one!"

He digs in without any hesitation, totally unitimidated by size.


All done! (Oh yeah, and he can now officially drink from a straw.)

I like seeing my child so enjoying the simple pleasure of a simple food that just tastes really good to him. It's the small things in life, right?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Dear God! What a portion! However did he find room to fit it all in? He must have the same sort of hollow leg my boys have.

marmie said...

He is MY grandson!! We can bond at many meals over a nuked sweet potato!