Friday, May 7, 2010

A Toddler of the New Millenium

So anything I could possibly write right now (after what I wrote about Simon earlier this week) would seem trite and silly. With that in mind, here is something that's not pretending to be anything but trite and silly.

Just when you think your kids might not notice everything you do:
Me: Who're you calling, buddy?
Nathan: I texting Another Nathan.*

Oh, the things we never would have said when we were kids.

(Also, they clearly do notice everything we do.)

I needed this laugh, since I have a lot going on this weekend... stuff for which I will want (and need) to be happy. Nathan talking about texting definitely points things in a smiling direction. :)

*Another Nathan is our awesome and helpful friend who spent the morning with our Nathan while I tried to reintroduce productivity into my life. So don't worry, Nathan didn't think he was texting himself. :)

4 comments:

Nate06 said...

That's weird I had my phone on all evening and never got his text. He must have been texting me about a car carrying truck, a jet airplane, or a big green moving truck.

-Another Nathan

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? :) DELURKING COMPLETE!

Grandma said...

Maybe NOW I want to learn how to text.

Emily said...

So funny! Hazel knows her way around an iPhone, and I don't! I've officially become outmoded.

merritt said...

I think it's so fun that he calls him "Another Nathan".