Saturday, April 2, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Look!  A non-house related post!  Proof for the internet (and for myself) that I do so think about things other than renovation schedules and home improvement projects and moving logistics these days.  Occasionally.  Kind of.

Last week we went to a baseball game to see Clemson play NC State with some friends from church (the same friends who joined us last fall to see Clemson and State play football, actually).  I didn't get a picture of all of us at the game, but here's most of us (not me):
Natalie & Kyle, Mark & Anneliese, Another Nathan & Nathan
We had really good seats close behind home plate and in the fourth row.  And we got them super cheap (thanks, Groupon!).  As you can see by the way we're all dressed, it was cold out.  I'm sort of mad at North Carolina this week.  It's spring.  For real.  We should not be wearing long sleeves, much less jackets.  Hmph.

Oh!  And Anneliese had her first hot dog.  She eats anything we put in front of her, pretty much, so it was no surprise she was a fan of stadium food too (I mean... who isn't?  You either love baseball game hot dogs or you're a liar). 
lots of mustard... that's my girl
I'm not sure how much of this she ate vs how much Daddy actually got for himself.  :)

Despite the chilly weather (and the fact that Clemson lost -- badly), it was a great way to spend an evening away from working and house stuff and just have some downtime with our friends.  I think maybe we've started forgetting how to do stuff just for fun.  We'll re-learn in a month or so, right?

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm glad you got to take a break from renovations! But I have to ask: is that part of your new house I see on Mark's hand?? I guess there is no such thing as real break until it's all done. :)

Erin G said...

ha! yep, you caught him red- (white-) handed. We definitely worked on house stuff all day that day before the game!

Brad said...

Will you text me that pic of A eatin a hot dog?? Makes me smile! :)

Sent from my iPhone