But it'll do for now!
We're so excited to have the pool under renovation!! It's totally cleaned out and no longer a swamp full of swampy creatures (bye bye, fornicating frogs!)... which means it's a lot quieter around here in the evenings. Besides cleaning out the muck, the workers have also blasted the old peeling paint off, repaired the cracked plaster underneath, and (after these pics were taken) painted it a lovely shade of blue.
While we were playing in the pool yesterday, we also saw that Bowden had apparently traipsed through some of the plaster before it dried, which means her footprints will forever be on the floor of our deep end. (Right now it makes me smile. But someday I will be a crying wreck over those footprints, I guarantee it.)
| Yes, we play in dry unpainted pools in our PJs. Don't you? |
I think we'll be able to fill it up on Saturday, and I assume it'll take us a few days to get used to the saline system and balance the chemicals correctly. But we hope we'll really be playing (and splashing!) in the pool sometime next week!

4 comments:
Looks good! I like the feel of the salt pools. Less chlorine smell and less irritating to eyes.
Ooh so awesome you get the saline pool, and one in your OWN BACKYARD. Totally beats our kiddie pool that we can't even fill up due to the water rationing!
We used to love it when we would very occasionally drain our pool! Especially when the deep end was filled with just a little bit of water that made it more like the shallow end. Ours was vinyl (or something soft) so we'd run the hose from the shallow end down the slope and have a grand ole' slip n' slide. A pool is awesome empty or full!
They look so tiny standing in that pool! And I LOVE the doggy footprints. I want to throw down some wet cement now...just so my pups can walk through it. :) You need to get him to walk through the shallow end so you can see his pawprints all the time. Get the kids to do it, too. Precious. This whole post was so sweet.
Post a Comment