Well, that's only mostly true. The real truth is that she's apparently colicky. We've never been through this (so much for the assumption that third babies are easier, since the parents are theoretically smarter) so we're in new territory and we're kind of exhausted.
I'll restate: other than the evenings of impossible-to-soothe fussing, Charlotte is doing great.
She spends several spells a day on the floor of the bonus room, practicing tummy time. Her head and neck are so much stronger already!
These days, we're doing it mostly on the boppy, so she can have her head up high enough to look around her. Stretches the time before the inevitable tummy-time freakout by at least double.
And she frequently has Nathan or Anneliese or both crowding around her, making silly faces and noises, which keeps her distracted from the fact that, like all babies, she actually hates tummy time.
But who wouldn't tolerate a few minutes on the floor, when you have this kind of fun happening around you? I mean really.
Ok after posting these pictures of all my children sprawled out on the floor, I realize I should be pretending to the internet that I vacuum more than I actually do. So, here goes: Hi y'all. I vacuum. All the time. So often that I definitely never forget where we keep the vacuum cleaner.
Ahem.
Anyway. Tummy time. Siblings. Sweet fun win.
3 comments:
You didn't ask, so ignore this comment if you want. (it's your blog...you don't need my permission to ignore comments even if you did ask :) Anyway - Hazel was colicky. The easiest trick we learned was at about 5pm, we went on a family walk (usually a long one), bathed her, fed her, and put her to sleep. That was the only way to get that crying to stop already!
I'm impressed you even do tummy time with #3. I realized we quit with #2...as in, really, we quit after #1.
hey I'm always open to suggestions, especially from moms who know more about this stuff than I do!
I love the idea of a long walk in the evenings. Unfortunately with three of them, during the whiny/fussy dinner hours, I'd never be able to make it happen then. I should keep it in mind for one of us to try that when the other one is home and can work on dinner and such.
The fact that Hazel is so awesome now makes me feel encouraged though!! :)
I so wish we lived closer so I could snuggle the heck out of that baby girl! I miss the whole gang!
Post a Comment