Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mommy and Me Time

Mark took the big kids on a road trip for the weekend.  He went to Clemson for the football game, and Nathan and Anneliese visited the grandparents in Huntersville.  For those of you doing the math at home, that leaves just Charlotte and me back at home.

Which means my weekend looked a lot like this:

And this:

And, because I've decided that I care not one lick about internet-offending anyone who thinks that a baby smiling while nursing is anything less than precious, this:

... In a word, glorious.

There's a part of me that feels guilty for saying that.  I mean, I love Nathan and Anneliese and Mark.  Obviously I do.  But dang if I don't also want and need quiet easy bonding time with Charlotte. 

So, I shamelessly revel.

We ignored the clock and did whatever we wanted. We snuggled.  We went outlet shopping. We took a nap on the floor.  We caught up on the dvr.  We went out to dinner, twice. We went and looked at new houses with a friend. We spent both nights co-sleeping with no crying.

And if there's a better way to feel mommy-lovedrunk first thing in the morning than waking up to this sweet sight, I don't know what it is.

So basically, pretending Charlotte and I were the only two people alive for a couple of days was good for my soul. Yeah.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful post. Glad you and Charlotte got to have quality time together. I loved those cosleeping days. I still do, when my kids wake up from naps kinda grumpy...cosleeping in our bed a little while longer always helps them to wake up happy. And i love watching them as they sleep. Charlotte is so precious! I can't wait to meet her!

ashley said...

Just what the doctor ordered. Glad you had a good weekend!

merritt said...

That sounds absolutely divine.

Sarah D. said...

LOVE when I check your blog and there is not only one new post, but several... Yay for special time with Charlotte. Being a third baby myself (you know, like 30 years ago), I want you to know that Charlotte really appreciates it. =)

P.S. I don't know if anyone else can see it, but there is a tiny, spooky, ghost-like picture of you and Anneliese with Harry Potter on top of one of the pictures of Charlotte. Just letting you know. Love you.