Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Charlotte!

Charlotte is two today! I am trying not to think thoughts about how she is my last baby, and no matter how you define babyhood hers has basically passed, which means I am not a mom to babies anymore, and ahhhhh existential crisis but NO, that can wait for another day, because no matter how hard I feel her birthday, today is for Charlotte.

My sweet Charlotte, who is two. TWO.

Two years ago today, I took my 41-week pregnant belly for an early-morning swim, and rocked in her room, and then some hours later we met the little girl who will always be my baby. My baby!

And y'all, that baby is the best two-year-old I know:


(If you can't see the embedded video, click here to watch it on YouTube.)

(And here are memories of Charlotte's first year.)

I love you, Booler, with everything I am. Daddy and Nathan and Anneliese, too. You astound us with your sweet and lovely ways, and we are more enamored every day, every week, every year.

Happy birthday, dear Charlotte.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday sweet girl. We all love you and your adorable smile.
Love Grandpa.

Elsha said...

Happy birthday!!

ashley said...

It's hard to believe this little baby is already TWO! She is so sweet and delightful, and we are so lucky to have her in our family. Love you, sweet Charlotte! Happy birthday!

Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Grandma's angel. Love you so much! xoxo

marmie said...

What a sweet, smiling, beautiful little person! You make me smile, dear Charlotte. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE. Why am I crying like a baby right now??? She is so beautiful and fun and sweet! Why do we live so far away?