Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cute or Creepy? And Other New Things

It was clown day in Charlotte's class at preschool. I have no idea what that means, or why it happened, but when I picked her up she looked like this, which was in turns adorable and then somewhat creepy.


I couldn't decide, actually: cute or creepy? And then I came back from some errands, and I saw her in her bedroom window, and I decided DEFINITELY CREEPY.

(I know Miranda agrees.)

Okay now I feel like I have to post something legitimately adorable to make up for sharing that picture, so you aren't left with Clown Charlotte nightmares and never want to read blog posts about her again. So. Here is Sunday's instagram of her, taking a shower (which no longer involves crying!) (and is therefore really freaking precious):

Hmmm what else is new today? I got new headbands for the gym (outlet shopping! yay!) and besides being way more bright and fun than the random Goody ones from Target I have used for years, they are also soft and comfortable and stay put (with my usual bobby pin method) and hold way more stray bang pieces back.

I can only post this picture because I somehow did a great job covering the bald spot behind my ear, which is no joke. Anyway, Adidas headbands. RECOMMEND.

Also Anneliese has started in a new round of swim lessons.

Mark and I both took her (he happened to be off work and the other kids are at school/church on Tuesday mornings, and I blew off grocery shopping since I wanted to come and I was sort of in slow motion anyway) and it was a fun odd thing to be out alone with just our middlest baby. Fun and odd and lovely.

Mark and Erin: preventing middle child syndrome since 2011!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Haaaaaaaa. The clown pics CRACKED ME UP. And yes, that went from super cute to creepy in record-breaking time. Sorry, Charlotte!

Emily said...

Oh goodness, I actually got chills at the window picture. Then I looked again, and got the chills all over again! I got re-chilled. But she's still so darn cute. As is Miss Anneliese.

Miranda said...

Nope. Too late. Clown Charlotte nightmares can't be avoided.

Elsha said...

Clown in the window is SUPER creepy.